Pegasus Editor Job Description Summary
Editor reports to the Director of Publications Content. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the annual DGS Writing Contest as a source of new articles, including writing press releases, serving as a judge and editing the award winners. Revise rules and guidelines as necessary.
- Solicit material from others in the genealogy community as supplement to the Writing Contest.
- Execute publication contracts with authors, send list of required payments to DGS Treasurer.
- Create production schedule for each issue, and manage flow of material from editing through layout to proofreaders to printer and DGS webmaster.
Media Kit and Sponsorships
- Create a media kit that at a minimum includes a rate sheet.
- Solicit sponsorships from genealogy societies, professional genealogists, and others.
- Insure Treasurer receives payment in time period specified.