Thanks to our generous donors we have accumulated the funds required to digitize our society’s entire collection of early Quarterlies. Created between 1955 and 1994, these 161 publications contain more than 9000 pages!
Once digitized, the Quarterlies will join their successors on The Portal To Texas History:
- The Dallas Journal (1995 – 2012), and
- Pegasus: Journal of the Dallas Genealogical Society (2013 – present)
Thus, our efforts to digitize, preserve, and archive this important part of our society’s history will be completed, and all of these publications will be freely accessible to the public.
Results from the 2017 North Texas Giving Day event are still preliminary, but as of now (mid September) the total of our fundraising effort stands at $4,475:
- $430 – Cash donations made at our General Meetings and Fall Seminar
- $370 – Advance donations made via the DGS website
- $1000 – Rescuing Texas History Grant from the University of North Texas Libraries
- $2675 – Donations made through the North Texas Giving Day event
Overall this year’s event raised $39 million for 2,723 organizations. Since its inauguration in 2009 more than $195 million dollars has been raised for North Texas nonprofits.
2016 DGS Results
The DGS participated in the 2016 North Texas Giving Day event, resulting in a $5239.73 donation to The Cathy Nelson Hartman Portal to Texas History Endowment ($2739.73 from donations made during the 2016 North Texas Giving Day event and $2500 matching funds provided by the Dallas Genealogical Society).