Getting involved in managing our society is a fun way to meet people, expand your skills and give back to the genealogical community.
We have a variety of event-specific and projected related opportunities that are posted on our Volunteer SignUp page, so be sure to take a look there for other opportunities.
Other areas of opportunity include the following:
- Database Administration – We utilize the Neon platform from Z2 Systems to maintain our member database, register attendees for our symposiums and other events and to manages online sales of our publications and other materials. We are seeking individuals who will take over the management and maintenance of this environment for the society. Training is available from Barbara Ware (who is stepping down from this position) and from Neon.
- We want to expand and improve our eNews Newsletter and our utilization of our Blog, FaceBook and Twitter. We are hoping to create a small team of people who will work with our Director of Publicity, various board members and each other to manage the flow of information to our members and other interested parties. In particular, we are looking for volunteers to work on the following areas:
- eNews Editor – Manage the creation of a monthly eNewsletter
- Facebook coordination – Assume responsibility for posting content to the DGSFacebook page
- Twitter coordination – Assume responsibility for posting content to the DGS Twitter feed.
- We seek individuals with the folowing skills and interests to help create Pegasus, our award winning journal:
- Editors – work with authors to identify and make needed changes to articles
- Proof Readers – review articles prior to publication
- We would like to expand our outreach and move our publicity to the next level. If you have a background in Marketing we would greatly appreciate some of your time and talent!
- Audio/Visual – Help setup and take down audio and video devices and connections used at our general meetings and at our seminars. Assess the potintial for and and assist in creating audio and/or video recordsing of presentations.
If none of these opportunities sound right for you contact us and we will do our best to get you involved with an existing committee that matches your skills, interest and available time