Our Spring Seminar, Summer and Fall Seminar events feature nationally known speakers who are authorities on the topics they are presenting: Our recent speakers have included the following:
- Denise Levenick
- Paul Milner
- Michael Lacopo
- Debbie Parker Wayne
- Judy Russell
- John Philip Colletta
Laura G. Prescott
- D. Joshua Taylor
- Pamela Boyer Sayre & Richard Sayre
- Paula Stuart-Warren
- Read more about some of our recent Seminars
Check our Calendar of Events for upcoming Seminars…
Feedback from our attendees is overwhelmingly positive. Here are a few typical examples:
- ‘I flew to Dallas to attend as the topic was interesting and I knew the speaker was well-qualified and very easy to listen to I have family now living in Dallas and expect to attend other functions when I am able since your facility is comfortable and you made it easy to attend. The fact that you get nationally top-rated speakers is attractive to folks out of the area.’
- ‘A very very enjoyable and informative two days. And by the way the library “lock-in” was excellent … the food and professional help and camaraderie was as good or better than in the “good old days.” Thanks to everyone in DGS for the great experience.’
We frequently offer door prizes at our Seminars that have been donated for that purpose. Our policy regarding recognition for such donations was adapted by the Board of Directors at the July 9, 2016 Board meeting:
- As recognition for items donated to be used as a door prize we will acknowledge the donor and may place an acknowledgement or an ad in the syllabus. Donors will not be able to distribute flyers or other materials at the event.
- Speakers may sell their books and references at an event.
- If we host a themed exhibit in association with an event, invited participants may display and hand out materials related to the topic of the event.
- If we host an exhibit and charge a fee to exhibit vendors may display their choice of materials.