Michael L Strauss, AG
Revolution to Reconstruction: Seeking Those Who Shaped America
March 31, 2018
J. Mark Lowe, CG, FUGA
Way Down Home: Tracing Your Southern Roots
August 4, 2018
David E, Rencher, AG, CG, FUGA, FIGRS
The Hibernian Diaspora: Researching Your Irish Ancestors
September 29, 2018
Check our Calendar of Events for upcoming Seminars…
Our Spring Seminar, Summer and Fall Seminar events feature nationally known speakers who are authorities on the topics they are presenting. Our recent speakers have included the following:
- D. Joshua Taylor
- Lisa Louise Cooke
- Sunny Morton
- Diahan Southard
- Thomas W. Jones
- Curt Witcher
- Denise Levenick
- Paul Milner
- Michael Lacopo
- Debbie Parker Wayne
- Judy Russell
- John Philip Colletta
- Laura G. Prescott
- Pamela Boyer Sayre & Richard Sayre
- Paula Stuart-Warren
- Read more about some of our recent Seminars
Feedback from our attendees is overwhelmingly positive. Here are a few typical examples:
- The speaker’s obvious delight and passion with research of this information, his pleasure at sharing it, and his inclusion of his own levity, made for a winning combination. There was a lot presented, and so the syllabus will be invaluable to all in following up on what he shared in the pursuit of their own research!
- Although I haven’t been to many of the DGS seminars, this is probably the best combination of speakers I have seen for any society seminar. Fabulous speakers with relevant material relayed in such an uplifting, positive and engaging manner.
- Thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of the seminar. The speaker was delightful to listen to and very knowledgeable. He has first hand experience, and I value that aspect very much!
- Outstanding presentation and one of the best presenters I have ever heard no matter the field or subject matter!
- This was my first Seminar and I thought it was wonderful. I will be attending more Seminars in the future. The speaker was wonderful. He gave so many Ideas that I had never thought about. I am going to be busy following all his suggestions. Thank you for this Seminar.
We frequently offer door prizes at our Seminars that have been donated for that purpose. Our policy regarding recognition for such donations was adapted by the Board of Directors at the July 9, 2016 Board meeting:
- As recognition for items donated to be used as a door prize we will acknowledge the donor and may place an acknowledgement or an ad in the syllabus. Donors will not be able to distribute flyers or other materials at the event.
- Speakers may sell their books and references at an event.
- If we host a themed exhibit in association with an event, invited participants may display and hand out materials related to the topic of the event.
- If we host an exhibit and charge a fee to exhibit vendors may display their choice of materials.