The purpose of the DNA Interest Group is to explore the use of DNA as a genealogical tool. The goal will be to help members understand and incorporate current DNA testing strategies and standards into their personal genealogy.
Leader: Mic Barnette – DNA@dallasgenealogy.org
When: 3rd Thursday of each month (September -> May) from 6:00 to 7:30 pm
- To view the schedule for upcoming meetings please click here...
Where: J. Erik Jonsson Central Library, Hamon room on the 5th floor
DGS members and others interested in DNA as a genealogical search strategy are invited to participate. Please help us know which companies and tests you are using. Please complete this brief survey.
Look below the program schedule for various DNA resources.
2017-2018 DNA Program Schedule
|September 21, 2017||
|October 19, 2017||
|November 16, 2017||
|December 21, 2017||
|January 18, 2018||
|February 22, 2018||
|March 22, 2018||
|April 19, 2018|
|May 17, 2018|
Some Resources and Links
- Genetic Genealogy Standards. Find a download link to the standards here
- International Society of Genetic Genealogy Wiki. This wiki includes a link to Beginners’ guides to genetic genealogy
- More DNA Information
- Articles Integrating DNA research – List of DNA articles from NGSQ and the NGS Newsletter. These are available at the Dallas Public Library or on the NGS website (for members)
- Viking DNA – AncestryDNA’s article The Viking in the Room