There are several regional and national conferences held throughout the country every year. These are a great way to get exposed to a lot of information in a short period of time. There are usually several DGS members attending these conferences: contact us if you are planning to go for the first time and we’ll hook you up with somebody to help you get oriented.
Even if you are unable to attend in person several of these conferences are making some portion of their presentations available on-line.
- National Genealogical Society
- Their annual conference is held in May
- They also offer a variety of materials and resources on their web site
- Federation of Genealogical Societies
- Their annual conference is usually held in August.
- Although the primary focus of this meeting is on Genealogical Societies they do offer a wide range of sessions of interest to any genealogist
- This conference is held in Salt Lake City in February
- This event tends to focus a little more on the technological aspects of genealogy, but they also offer a wide range of sessions of interest to any genealogist
- Texas State Genealogical Society
- The TxSGS was established to promote, assist, develop, and conserve the genealogical and historical resources of Texas and to cooperate with local, regional, and statewide groups in promoting an awareness of the need to preserve family heritage.
- Their annual conference is held in November