FINDING A PROFESSIONAL GENEALOGIST
If you are interested in hiring a professional genealogist to assist you with your family history project, the following resources may help you to locate one:
- The Association of Professional Genealogists – In the left-hand pane on their home page is a box titled “Find a Researcher”. You can search by name and location of a professional as well as his/her research or geography specialty.
- Board for Certification of Genealogists – Click on “Find a Genealogist” in the upper left section of their home page. You can search by a researcher’s name, geographic areas, or research specialties.
- The International Commission for the Accreditation of Professional Genealogists – Click on the “Hiring a Genealogist?” tab in the middle of their home page. If you have a LinkedIn account, many professional genealogists have posted their profiles/credentials on this site. Use the Advanced search feature at the top of the home page to search by keyword and location.
- Genlighten – Their research providers can conduct targeted/customized research, retrieve genealogy documents, and find/digitize records.
- Genealogy Freelancers – Post your family history project, compare your offers and choose the best specialist for the job.
- Cyndi’s List of Genealogy Sites on the Internet – Search for the category “Professionals, Volunteers & Other Research Services” for links.
- The Dallas Public Library Genealogy Division offers limited research for a fee, not to exceed one hour per month. For inquiries, contact the Genealogy Division by email at email@example.com or by telephone at 214-670-1433 during regular library hours.
- The Dallas Public Library Texas/Dallas History & Archives Division offers limited research for a fee, not to exceed one hour per month. For inquiries, contact the Texas/Dallas Division by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 214-670-1435 during regular library hours.
NOTE: The inclusion of these resources does not imply endorsement of their services or products by the Dallas Genealogical Society.