Barbara A. Ware

Business and Professional Women’s Club of Dallas, Inc. began in 1916 with an organizational meeting at the YWCA. Objectives of the organization, as appeared in the 1973-1974 Dallas, Inc. Roster, were to elevate the standards for women in business and professions; promote the interest of business and professional women; bring about a spirit of cooperation among business and professional women; and extend opportunities to business and professional women through education along the lines of industrial, scientific, and vocational activities. According to the bylaws, membership in the club is held by women actively engaged in business or professions or by retired members who became members while actively engaged in business or professions.

The 1973-1974 Dallas, Inc. Roster1 included the names of the current officers, federation objectives, president’s goals, committee chairwomen, a schedule of the year’s meetings, District Fifteen officers, names of the District 15 presidents 18 other B&PW clubs, Texas Federation officers, national federation offices, scholarship funds. The roster included photos of the members listed. The transcription provided here contains the 1973-74 active and retired members and the presidents from 1916 to 1973. Some of the notable women in this roster are Judge Sarah T. Hughes, Ebby Halliday, Mrs. Ruth Fox, Mrs. Eddye Bernice Johnson, Mrs. Faustina Martinez, Mrs. Irene Martinez Garcia, Dr. Mary A. Jennings, and Judge Beth J. Wright.

 

Active Members

Name Position Company/Organization
Ms. Pat Allbright Equal Opportunity Specialist Environment Protection Agency
Ms. Dorothy L. Andrews Stenographer Dallas Housing Authority
Ms. Kay Anthony Director, Speakers Bureau Weight Watchers of Dallas, Inc.
Ms. Elsie Arnett Auditor Coopers & Librand

 


To read more, please Purchase a  Paper Copy  or a  PDF Version  of this publication.


Notes

  1. The Business and Professional Women’s of Dallas, Inc. Roster 1973-1974 used for this transcription belongs to Barbara Ware who was president of Business and Professional Women’s Club of Dallas, Inc in 1977.